Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dinner tonight.

So I don't know if you guys knew this, but I'm half Boricua (from Puerto Rico) and half Colombian. I know I may not look it, but I am fully fluent in Spanish (both the Puerto Rican and Colombian kind, hahah) and am quite skilled in cooking Puerto Rican, Colombian and Cuban food.

One very typical Colombian meal is arepas (patties made of cooked corn meal and flour, very similar to a Salvadoran pupusa) with chocolate de mesa caliente (hot chocolate that comes from hard, block chocolate and way better than any American chocolate). It's really good with carne de falda (skirt steak) seasoned with sazon completa (complete seasoning) and other things.

Arepas are basically my favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner. So good for any meal of the day because you can pair it perfectly with lighter or heavier food, depending on time.

My friend Rob from Florida served his mission in Paraguay and has never had arepas! Understandable, since it's in between Brazil and Argentina. Still! THEY'RE DELICIOUS.

So he's coming over and tonight's dinner will consist of:

Arepas
Carne de falda
Chocolate SOL

It will be the yummiest thing ever and it will make me miss home, but I'm so psyched for it!

¡Hasta luego!

♥ Melizza.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I am jealous! : ) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying really hard to forgive you for not making those arepas and special cocoa for me when you were here... I guess you are just going to have to come back! ;)

    ReplyDelete