Thursday, October 6, 2011

Random occurrences in my life lately:

Three weeks ago:
  • My stepdad flew up from Miami, home, to run a marathon in Logan with Cory F. Can I just say it was amazing having one of the biggest pieces of home here when I'm thousands of miles away from home? It really made me happy. We ate so much, too hahah. Went to Red Iguana, a frozen custard place, Bangkok Grill, Cocoa Bean, Sammy's Cafe.. Not all in the same day, of course. Hahaha. But this all happened in three days or so! He also took me grocery shopping where he bought me well over $100 worth in groceries. I took him up to the canyon and showed him around. I also showed him around BYU campus a bit. Before he flew back to FL, I was sitting in my bed one night and started to tear up thinking that a piece of home wouldn't be here anymore. But really, I loved the time I spent with him here. 
In more recent news:
  • Yesterday, it got cold. It snowed. Today, there was more snow. Fall has literally been here less than a week and it's already in the 30s! So crazy.
  • So far this semester I have been asked out three different times through text. I am so NOT okay with text dates. Ask me in person! So, being the strong-willed, stubborn person I am, I have not gone out on a date hahah. But yesterday I was actually asked out on a date for tomorrow, Friday night, IN PERSON! That's a first for the semester! We're going to a dance. It should be fun. Tony, from my dinner group and ward, who served his mission in Mexico, asked me. 
  • I'm letting my hair grow out and boy has it grown! I can only imagine how long it'll be when I go back home for Winter break!
  • I can't WAIT for Thanksgiving break. I'll be staying with my [step]sister in Sandy and it's going to be SO fun.
  • I have prayed to Heavenly Father asking Him to redirect me if I should do otherwise, but right now I'm putting SO much effort, practice and work into preparing myself for my Vocal Performance major audition! I am currently a Photography major, but I'm really wanting to switch to singing. It will be SO much more fulfilling in my life and I will learn and grow SO much more.
  • Today after dinner group, Tony and I are heading up to the canyon. I'm way psyched! Note to self: dress well and warm.
  • Today, I also made the best recent purchase EVER: a water-resistant BYU blanket on one side, super-soft and warm blanket on the other. I thought, "It's $48. It better be worth it." OH IT IS SO WORTH IT. I'm already reaping the benefits of said purchase. Best blanket I've ever owned.
  • I have found my favorite apartment to spend time at: Ian, Nick, Stephen and Aaron's. Nick is my FHE husband, Stephen is one of my home teachers, Aaron is another home teacher of mine and also one of my FHE sons, and Ian is just Ian. Like my big brother. I love that place. Feels a bit like home and growing up with brothers, which I did.
♥ Melizza.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a fun, busy semester. And cocoa bean... yummm!

    ReplyDelete