Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I am a Drifter.


Chris called me a “Drifter” the other day.
He was right. 
I can’t sit still.
When I get somewhere, I want to leave.
Around February of this year, I was dying to go back home to Florida for the summer. When I got home, I wanted to leave for my two weeks in Puerto Rico. After some time in Puerto Rico, I wanted to go back home. Back home, I was dying to go spend my two weeks in Washington and Oregon and when the time came closer to leaving home at the end of summer, I didn’t want to leave. Then I went to Washington. I wasn’t nearly as eager to leave Washington as I had been with other places in the past because I fell in LOVE with that state and I am really wanting to live there when I’m older, but around the last day or so I was dying to go to Utah.
Now that I’m back here in Utah, I’m dying to go elsewhere…
Back to Florida? I’m not even sure.
It’s not that I’m not happy here. I love it here! I love the mountains, the stars, the lack of humidity, the environment, my university.. everything. Although I am actually kind of liking my routine, I am not the greatest fan of routine.
I’m just itching to go. I like traveling. I like discovering new places for short periods of time. A lot may have to do with my lack of transportation (car, bus pass or bike) and feeling extremely stuck. 
I miss my family and best friends back home. I wish I had a car.


The thing is I'm not just like that with places. I'm like that with interests, future goals and people.


This song and video quite accurately describe how I'm feeling right now. Watch and listen. It's beautiful.



I think I just need to learn to trust Heavenly Father more and the plans He has for me here in my second year because I know there’s something here for me. It could be a person, a revelation, self-discovery, growth in Him.. who knows. I need to learn to be happy living in one place for an extended period of time.
But really, I just need to continue to rely on my Savior, Jesus Christ, for complete strength and continual optimism to keep pushing forward and discovering Him and me.

♥ Melizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment