Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Early birthday gifts from my mama!

Throughout the week, I've received these in the mail individually. Each have gotten me super excited and made me smile.
1. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. Childhood favorite. I remember my math teacher reading this to us in class back in 4th grade. Fun read with super awesome illustrations. I highly recommend it.
2. Hayao Miyazaki's "Howl's Moving Castle". My favorite of his and one of my favorite movies period. SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FILM. Yes, it is animated and anime. Even if that isn't your cup of tea, I recommend it because it WILL make you swoon for Howl. Hayao Miyazaki is a film genius. SO much depth.
3. Probably Hayao Miyazaki's most well-known film, "Spirited Away". Also makes you swoon. So, so beautiful.
I turn 20 years young on Friday. Feels surreal. I am no longer in the teens, which I have been for the past  seven years. For the next ten years, there will always be a 2 leading my age instead of a 1.

I will be a score old.
I will be two decades old.
I will be a fifth-of-a-century old.

20 is the new 21.

It's kind of, sort of a big deal in my head, but I'm not making it a particularly big deal; just a yummy Indian dinner with my closest friends here, and Cocoa Bean + country dancing the next day. I am very much looking forward to it :)

♥ Melizza.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your birthday wishes are coming true! I love Howl... I may have to watch the movie in your honor tomorrow while I am trying to piece together 140 handmade Christmas cards (what was I thinking?) Have an extra yummy cupcake for me at cocoa bean!

    ReplyDelete