Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Who needs a boyfriend on Valentine's Day when you have the sweetest stepdad ever?

Ever since my stepdad, Rich, and my mom have been married, he has always given all the girls in the house roses on Valentine's Day: red for my mom and pink for my baby sister and me.

Me being away at college has not changed a thing. I received roses in the mail last year and an especially gorgeous, colorful bouquet of roses today.

  • Me: Got the flowers today; thanks so much!
  • Rich: Glad you like them. I look forward to sending them to you each year.
  • Me: Hahaha, even when I'm married?
  • Rich: As long as I'm alive.
  • Me: -cries-

Is it weird to say that I want to marry a man like my stepdad? Too late.

Rich is honestly the most dedicated, thoughtful, faithful, accepting, nonjudgmental, fun, loving, honest, kind, PATIENT man of God I've ever known. No shame.


♥ Melizza.

P.S.: Disregard the demonic look on my face. And the floating head among the roses. I'm happy, really.

EDIT*

I do love getting Valentine's from other people, too. Aaron and Stephen cut out a paper heart and wrote: "Roses are red, violets are blue. Latinas are awesome and so are you!". So great.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you had a happy day! It is wonderful that you have such a great relationship with your stepdad.

    ReplyDelete