Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First day at work.

THE VERDICT:
  1. I love the people I work with. All so friendly, helpful, willing, and happy at work! 
  2. I especially love Sonia, a middle-aged, Guatemanteca who is SO sweet. I love that I can speak Spanish with her the whole time and I'm sure she appreciates being able to speak to someone in her native tongue, since everyone we work with is either Caucasian or Asian.
  3. Making delicious, 100-lb salads is fun when you get to eat the leftovers stuck on the giant bowls afterward.
  4. I hate that I don't see the sun at all the whole time I work. Slightly depressing.
  5. Did I mention it's freezing in there? Literally fridge-temperature in our room the whole time. Plus, the floors are always wet. SO COLD. My nose is runny. Tomorrow, I will be sure to include sweatpants > jeans and wool socks > regular socks as part of my outfit, plus boots they offer at work > my Vans.
  6. don't like that I don't get a discount on any of the Creamery stores, considering I make food for them.
  7. do love that I get a 50% discount on all places in the Cougareat, Legends Grille, and JAMBA JUICE!
  8. I like eating the bread ends at the break room.
  9. I get to wear a lab coat, hair net, two layers of gloves, forearm sleeves, an apron, and sometimes I'll even wear gloves that go up to my shoulders when mixing the giant salads.
  10. I like working the potato slicer. So fancy.
  11. How I feel when I walk out of the CSC, back into the sun and society:






Reality: Probably one of the least glamorous jobs on the planet next to janitorial and pest control jobs, but I am so grateful I FINALLY HAVE A JOB! And it really isn't all that bad. As you see from my numbered list above, there are so many good things! Heavenly Father takes such great care of me :)


♥ Melissa A.

4 comments:

  1. 50% off at Jamba is a GIANT perk! Add a wool hat under your plastic hair net :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this... as I was curious how your first day went, etc and didn't get to ask you last night. I'm glad that you have the right attitude! Wishing you the best and I love you!

    ReplyDelete