Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Rocket Summer @ In The Venue, SLC // June 11, 2012

I have seen Bryce Avary aka The Rocket Summer perform once before back home in October 2008 (my junior year of high school) at Revolution in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, BUT THIS SHOW BLEW THAT ONE FOUR YEARS AGO WAY OUT OF THE WATER. Bryce's fans in SLC are way more real and passionate than those in South Florida by A LOT. Heck, it's obvious when he included recordings from the SLC show November 2011 for his sing-along tour album, "Bryce Avary, His Instruments and Your Voices. The fans here aren't "too cool" to dance, scream, and jump along to his music with all their hearts (unlike the seemingly majority of fans back home), which makes the experience that much better.

I went with Krista and Erin! We're old friends who met WAY back in 2006 at EFY (Especially for Youth) in St. Petersburg, FL at Eckerd College. Krista goes to BYU-ID and is from Cali, Erin goes to BYU and is also from Florida, and they're cousins. They are such sweet, awesome girls! I love them. We also went with Clark, Erin's boyfriend, and Erin's super-awesome friend Marie. I also found my friend MaKenna's little sister, Miriam, from Centerville, UT, that goes to Mayra H's ward! It was great.

Bryce showed this unreal, incredible gratitude to us all for the support and love we've shown him over the years. It's awesome to see grateful, down-to-earth artists. His wife, Tara, is also so sweet and beautiful.

I was so inspired by his show, particularly when he played the songs "So, In This Hour...", "Of Men and Angels", and "Circa 46". "So, In This Hour..." has always been one of my favorite songs of his (well, since the Do You Feel? album came out) and made me cry. I could feel God's love perfectly.

I also met the man himself and had a nice, little conversation with him about gratitude, Jesus Christ, and playing "Good News" (my absolute favorite of his) when he comes back to SLC next year. He's such a wonderful, God-fearing man. He gave me a hug and signed my "Life Will Write the Words" album :)
















This photo was actually taken by Bryce Avary himself on his phone and posted on his Twitter @TheRocketSummer!  I circled my hands making a heart :)
Bryce to the crowd: This has honestly been the best show and crowd this whole tour. I always LOVE going here. You guys make me feel...  I don't even know! There is something different and special about you guys.
Me -yelling it quite loud- : THE BOOK OF MORMON!

♥ Melissa A.

P.S.: Follow me on Instagram @melizzaandrea !

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, this is awesome! I know someone who is going to be very jealous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah hey, she WAS in Europe for two months! Nothing to be jealous of ;)

      Delete
  2. BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so beautiful and I can't wait for him to come back next year! You have no idea! You will have to come down again (:

      Delete